Star Wars App
The official Star Wars app puts fans into the Star Wars universe right from their mobile devices. Available for iOS and Android, the app provides breaking news, rich media, social updates, special events, and interactive features for the countdown to Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and beyond. Updated daily and in real-time, this is the app Star Wars fans are looking for. Features include:
- News: Get instant notifications on big announcements from across the franchise, including trailer releases, movie updates and game news. The news feed is customizable, so users can filter which platforms their updates are coming from.
- Virtual Reality: Immerse yourself in Jakku Spy, a first-of-its-kind serialized Google Cardboard Virtual Reality (VR) feature that ties directly to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Augmented Reality: Bring the Star Wars universe to life by unlocking 3D characters from Star Wars: The Force Awakens using an exclusive augmented reality camera feature.
- Videos: Watch official Star Wars videos, including movie trailers, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and more.
- Force Trainer: Wield a lightsaber and hone your skills by playing with the Force Trainer, an interactive activity where users can duel a training remote, as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope.
- Star Wars “Selfie”: Take and share a Star Wars “selfie” in various iconic costumes and settings, including Jedi, Princess Leia, Han Solo’s carbon-freeze, and more.
- GIFs: Share animated GIFs with friends and family of memorable scenes and characters from the Star Wars movies and TV shows, including Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars Rebels.
- Soundboard: Play classic sound clips and sound effects from your favoriteStar Wars characters, creatures, weapons, vehicles, and scenes.
- Star Wars History: Discover behind-the-scenes fun facts with This Day InStar Wars History.
- Weather: Get Star Wars-themed weather and five-day forecasts, featuring original art and parallax effects of in-universe planets and locales.
The Star Wars app has won a variety of awards, including:
- 2016 Webby Awards – Winner – People’s Voice for Best Mobile Site/App – Entertainment
- 2016 Webby Awards – Honoree – Online Film & Video – VR: Gaming, Interactive or Real-Time (Branded)
- Google Play: Best Apps of 2015
- Vuforia Vision Awards 2015 – Best Campaign
July 8, 2015
General Audiences, 13+